Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Home-made bread

My mom and dad used to make bread every once in a while, but I make bread much more often.  My husband LOVES my home-made white bread.  I also add different seasonings to it to create a variety of breads....classic rosemary and garlic; sun dried tomato and basil; chipotle; jalapeno and cheddar; feta and black olive among several other savory blends.

I also use the basic bread dough to create sweet versions of bread, such as: dried apricot, white chocolate and macadamia nut; dark chocolate, dried cherry and pistachio; dark chocolate and orange; white chocolate and orange; vanilla bean and several others.

The savory breads make incredible sandwiches as well as savory bread pudding.  Bread pudding, like whipped cream, does not have to be sweet to be wonderful.  New twists on old favorites are always an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment