I hope this post finds you all well. I have been prepping for the Thanksgiving holiday since the weekend and here is what I have on the menu:
- A southwestern flavored brined turkey
- Pork loin roast that has also been brined
- Roasted brussel sprouts
- Green beans with shallots and toasted almonds
- Roasted carrots with an espresso balsamic drizzle
- Roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- Sweet potatoes with butter and maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie
- Apple pie
- Vanilla ice cream
- Black walnut ice cream
The brine for the turkey and pork loin is posted in my blog, as is the roasted brussels sprouts recipe. The sweet potatoes with butter and maple syrup is very simple and I'll post that over the weekend.
I think that is a very good menu for a small crowd with enough left-overs to feed us for another week.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a fabulous weekend.
From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,