Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Obsession with flavor combination

OK....I admit, I have now gone completely over the edge of reason.  I posted a sandwich recipe the other day and for some reason, can't get enough of the flavor combination.  So, I did a few other things with the ingredients:

1 pound of cooked mini penne pasta
1 - 12 ounce jar of roasted & peeled red peppers, julienned
1 cup of basil pesto
1/2 cup of sun dried tomato strips packed in olive oil...be sure to use the oil
2 large avocados, diced
3 cups of shredded provolone cheese
1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts

While the pasta is still warm, mix all the ingredients together and serve.  This makes 6 servings and can be served warm or at room temperature.  Since there is no mayonnaise used in the recipe, this should work well for a picnic.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Enjoy!!!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment