Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Monday, June 11, 2012

Blue Corn Polenta

Tonite, I came home from work and my husband asked...."what's for dinner?"  My snappy retort was, "Whatever you fix, dear."  After a moment of shocked surprise on my husband's face, he realized that I was sort of kidding and sort of serious.   I eventually caved in and suggested polenta with sausages, peppers, onions and a white wine, garlic and tomato sauce.

I went to the freezer to get out the stone ground corn meal and only had about 1/2 cup left in the bag.  I hunted and searched and only found some blue corn meal that I had recently purchased.  I looked at what I had and decided......what the heck.  If Alfred Hitchcock can serve an entirely blue meal, I can sneak in some blue corn meal.  This turned out fabulously creamy and very tasty.

4 cups water
2 cups milk
1 stick of butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Place everything in a pan and heat on low, stirring occasionally until the utter melts and the liquid is hot.

Slowly whisk in 1 1/2 cups  corn meal
Once the cornmeal is incorporated, continue to cook on low, stirring constantly until thick.  This will take about 15 to 20 minutes.

Add 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate.

Ladies and gents, this was delicious and had a very nice, soft texture.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you, enjoy!!!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment