Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Spicy Cream Cheese Dip

There is a store not far from where I live that sells something called "Love Dip".....and I just LOVE it.  i have served it at parties, had it for a snack and even served it with grilled chicken and pasta.  I do not know exactly what the store puts in it, but I do know that it is creamy, spicy, cool and is great with veggies, pasta, chicken, turkey or pork or your favorite chips.

I wanted to try to make a version of this that was cool, creamy, spicy and rather flavorful.  Here is what I did:

Prep time: approximately 20 minutes
Servings:  10 servings, 1/4 cup each
Temperature:  N/A
Difficulty:  Easy

1 eight ounce package of low fat cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup low fat sour cream, at room temperature
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 - 2 chipotle(s) in adobo, minced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl  and stir until well blended.  Let sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to blend and serve.

Serving suggestion:  For a great dinner, mix about 1 cup of the sauce to 1/2 pound of cooked, hot pasta, add sliced grilled chicken breast and steamed broccoli....YUMNESS!!!!!

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,Enjoy!!!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment