Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, February 23, 2014

If I have business cards & brochures, does it really mean I am in business?

Well everyone......I finally took the plunge and ordered business cards and brochures.  My friends have been nagging me to start selling my cookies.  So, I took the first step of officially being in business and sold my first order of cookies, which consisted of 5 varieties:

  1. Spicy Peanut Butter
  2. Chocolate, Cherry & Chipotle
  3. Chocolate, Cashew & Caramel
  4. Maple, Walnut & Vanilla
  5. Creamsicle
For fun, I added a small bag of Cherry Almond Granola and my spicy Adobo seasoning blend.  As I sat in the location of my first sale, the gentleman who made the purchase dug into one of the bags of cookies and took his first bite.  I watched him intently as a smile spread across his face.  Then, he dug into another bag, and another and another until he had tried them all.  He eventually came over to where I was located and began raving about the cookies.  He was especially taken with the maple, walnut & vanilla cookies.  

He has asked me to please bring him samples for his shop so that all of his customers can try them.  He already has a bunch of my business cards, so this week, I'll be working hard at making several varieties of cookies that I will package individually and bring to his shop.

A few days after this request, I received word that my hairdresser is moving and will be having an open house.  She has asked me to please bring some treats for the "grand opening" of her new location and to please bring a bunch of business cards and brochures, which is also this weekend.

I definitely have my work cut out for me this week.  I am going to be very busy, but very happy.

The variety of cookies that I have available, in addition to the ones listed above, are:
  • Sun Dried Tomato, Basil & Pine Nut
  • White Chocolate, Apricot & Macadamia Nut
  • Dark Chocolate, Cherry & Pistachio
  • Coconut & Pineapple 
  • Cherry Pecan
  • Cherry Almond
  • Cranberry Walnut
  • Ginger & Molasses
  • Basil & Ginger
  • Cilantro & Lime
Granola flavors include:
  • Cherry Almond
  • Apricot, ginger & Macadamia Nut
  • Pineapple, Coconut & Pecan
  • Kitchen Sink (cherry, apricot, currant, almonds, pecans, cashews)
  • Maple, Blueberry & Walnut
  • Cranberry, Orange & Walnut
My next step is to figure out how to ship these goodies for out of town orders, which I already have requests for.  

I'll be posting updates much more frequently than I have been over the past several months and will keep y'all informed about how my business is going.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you, enjoy!!!
Susan

1 comment: