Today, a friend is coming over with her 2 kids and we are spending the afternoon grilling out. Here is what we will be making:
- Pork tenderloin, which will be used in a lovely pot of Posole`
- Tuscan chicken
- Southwestern turkey burgers
- Pork chops, that will be brined in my spicy adobo mix
- Portobello mushrooms (be sure to remove the gills)
- Red, yellow and orange peppers
- Poblano peppers
- Corn on the cob
- Purple onions, sliced thickly
And - garlic mashed potatoes made with roasted garlic and maybe a little grated Asiago cheese thrown in, just for good measure!
Then, the baking will commence......home-made blueberry muffins, pumpkin bread and gingerbread cookies with icing, ricotta pie with citron, a lovely smoked salmon tarte......and baking eggs and cooking up some bacon.
Yes, I am preparing food for 2 weeks, for 2 people for lunches and dinner. Once all of this is cooked, it will be packaged and some of it frozen for the following week.
I find this way of prepping food much easier with my full-time job. I tend to work between 50 and 60 hours per week, so this saves me so much time and gives me more time with my husband on week nights.
I hope y'all enjoy your weekend.
From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,