Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Saturday, November 8, 2014

One grill & 2 girls

Hi Everyone,

Today, a friend is coming over with her 2 kids and we are spending the afternoon grilling out.  Here is what we will be making:

  • Pork tenderloin, which will be used in a lovely pot of Posole`
  • Tuscan chicken
  • Southwestern turkey burgers
  • Pork chops, that will be brined in my spicy adobo mix
  • Asparagus
  • Portobello mushrooms (be sure to remove the gills)
  • Red, yellow and orange peppers
  • Poblano peppers
  • Corn on the cob
  • Purple onions, sliced thickly
And - garlic mashed potatoes made with roasted garlic and maybe a little grated Asiago cheese thrown in, just for good measure!

Then, the baking will commence......home-made blueberry muffins, pumpkin bread and gingerbread cookies with icing, ricotta pie with citron, a lovely smoked salmon tarte......and baking eggs and cooking up some bacon.  

Yes, I am preparing food for 2 weeks, for 2 people for lunches and dinner.  Once all of this is cooked, it will be packaged and some of it frozen for the following week.

I find this way of prepping food much easier with my full-time job.  I tend to work between 50 and 60 hours per week, so this saves me so much time and gives me more time with my husband on week nights.  

I hope y'all enjoy your weekend.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,

Enjoy!!!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment