Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Monday, September 6, 2010

Another day of cooking and working on new recipes

I started today at 8:30 am by charring poblano peppers in preparation for stuffing them with a picadillo that is meaty, sweet and savory.  I made the picadillo, chorizo verde, poached eggs and am now working on candied jalapenos.  The next item that I need to make is a deep red ranchero sauce for the stuffed poblanos while the picadillo cools enough for me to handle it.

I love working with my hands.  There is something so very satisfying about the feel of the food.  Like working with bread dough...I do not use any kind of machine when I make bread.  I mix everything with a wooden spoon to start with and then move directly from the bowl on to the granite countertop and use my hands.

Later, I plan on sitting down with my mom's recipes and working on the book.  A nice cup of chocolate raspberry coffee, going through the recipes and reminiscing about my childhood with my husband.

I almost forgot, I have one more thing to make.....I promised Jason a dark chocolate cream pie later today.

Happy Labor Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment