Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Appreciating your someone special

I wanted to take a moment to thank my husband Jason for all that he does to support me in my life, my passion for cooking and in my full time job.  He is my safe place, my refuge when I have an off day.  He keeps me sane when I work a 14 hour day at my full time job.  I know that I have talked about him before, but he really is a very special man.

I would like to urge everyone to think about taking time every day to tell your someone special how much you love them, how much you care about them and how much you appreciate them.  I suggest doing this every day.  Find something special each day that you can compliment them for.  Nurture your relationship with your special someone.  Please don't let a day go by without expressing your love and appreciation.  Please don't assume that they know how you feel....draw them into your heart and hold them there.  Give yourself and your special someone the gift of unbridled love.  Open your heart, your soul, your arms, and your eyes.  Listen not just with your ears, but with your heart.

When you are angry or upset, hold back...please don't say something that you may have to apologize for later.  Just because we can say something, does not always mean that we should.  A great example of this is one day, several years ago, I had grown some prize African Violets.  They were simply gorgeous, huge and full of flowers.  My husband put them out on the patio to water them for me one evening.  The next morning, he forgot to bring them in and they sat in the Texas sun on a summer day, all day.  When I came home from work, my husband was visibly upset and I didn't know why.  He told me what happened and waited tentatively for my reaction.  I immediately reached for him, put my arms around him and held him.  I took his face into my hands and looked into his eyes and told him it was OK, I told him that I could replace the violets and that I could not break his heart by getting upset over a few plants.  I told him that he was more important to me than any thing else.  I will never forget this moment....I know that he has not forgotten.  This moment created a level of trust and care that could have been forever lost.


Jason is my best friend, my playmate, my lover and my husband.  My favorite place in this world is in his arms.  I will love him forever.  And yes, I do tell him this.

No comments:

Post a Comment