Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, September 4, 2011

365 in 365 - Food Finds

I love shopping at small, privately owned stores with unusual items and at different farmer's markets.  The people are so warm and friendly.  Today, was one of those experiences.  I went over to Grapevine Texas to visit the Grapevine Olive Oil Company to stock up on a few things (Cinnamon Pear balsamic vinegar, Sicilian Lemon, black raspberry compote and jalapeno honey mustard).  I also discovered that they opened a new store in Dallas on Lover's Lane......this is GREAT news for Dallas residents.  If you have not heard of this place before, please visit them.  The selection of oils and vinegars are out of this world.

During my visit to the store in Grapevine today, I brought them 2 jam recipes that I made using their dark chocolate balsamic vinegar.  This vinegar is completely amazing......dark, sweet and very chocolatey.  It was the perfect addition to a simple home-made strawberry jam.  I also developed a dark sweet cherry, almond and chocolate balsamic vinegar jam recipe......both are soooo flippin' good.

I know......for breakfast, I'll surprise my hubby and make home-made biscuits with the cherry, almond and chocolate jam.  Yep, he is gonna LOVE it!!!!!

Have a lovely day, y'all,
S.


No comments:

Post a Comment