Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, October 23, 2011

365 in 365 - #115 - Green Chile Bread Croutons

Jason and I brought back a loaf of the most amazing bread from the Golden Crown Panaderia in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  This bread can be ordered on line and shipped, which we will be doing.  This is a bread that I will keep handy for all kinds of great meals.  At this point, we have used it for sandwiches, for french toast, for croutons and for a savory bread pudding.  My next plan is to use it as a base for stuffing....and not just for stuffing turkeys or chickens:  you'll see, it will be fun!!!

Tonite for dinner, I made a simple salad and needed croutons.  I didn't have any already made, so I decided to use a couple of slices of this wonderful bread.  I preheated the oven to 325 and cut the bread into 3/4 inch cubes, placed it in a bowl, drizzled it with garlic flavored olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper and tossed it to coat all the pieces.  Poured it out onto a cookie sheet in a single layer and baked it in the oven for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally so that the bread gets nice and toasty with a great crunch.

I know that this is a very simple recipe, but it is very good.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you!!!

Have a great nite,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment