Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Simple Quesadilla - when time and ingredients are in short supply

Lately, I have been working some pretty long hours at my full time job.  I also began singing in the church choir, which has between 500 & 600 members.  Yes, ladies and gents....that is not a typo.....and......our church has greater than 30,000 members spread amongst 3 campuses.  So, my time has been in short supply.

I came home from work late and was really hungry.  So, I was rooting around in the fridge and found everything in very short supply.  But, what I did have was flour tortillas, onions, jalapenos and cheese.  So, I sliced the onion and 2 jalapenos and sauteed them in a little olive oil with salt & pepper.  I laid out a couple of tortillas, put some shredded cheese on the tortillas (a combination of pepper jack, cheddar and mozzarella) and piled on the onions and jalapenos.  Folded the tortillas in half and cooked them until golden brown on medium-low heat in a cast iron pan.  They came out wonderfully and only took about 15 minutes to prepare.....talk about fast food!!!

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,

Enjoy!!!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment