Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, December 18, 2011

365 in 365 - #129 - Cilantro Lime Rice

For years, I have eaten what restaurants have called cilantro lime rice without really tasting the cilantro or the lime.  So, I decided to come up with an updated version of this recipe that allows the flavor of the lime and the cilantro to shine.

The lime is not shy in this dish and the cilantro is refreshing  Both are stars with the rice as a great base for delivery.

You will need:
6 cups of cooked rice
the zest of 1 lime
the juice of 2 limes
1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon each of salt & pepper

While the rice is still warm, stir in the ingredients.  Let sit for 15 minutes and then serve.  This also works well with brown rice, which gives a heartier feel and nutty taste.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you.

Enjoy!!!
S.

1 comment:

  1. My mom just read about you in the Plano Profile and called me and told me to get on here and read all your recipes. So this is my first time commenting. Congratulations on such a beautiful blog and all your fabulous recipes!

    This recipe reminds me of one I got years ago from Southern Living. The difference is that the rice is cooked with part water and part coconut milk. then the lime zest, juice and cilantro are added. It's part of a Thai menu. Interesting how the Thai and Mexican cooking, and spices overlap isn't it?

    ReplyDelete