Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

365 in 365 - time to 'fess up......

As y'all know, I began a challenge at the beginning of this year to post 365 recipes in 365 days.  I began the year with a great start.  As time went on, my full time job commitments increased,  I was promoted and had some staffing changes at work so I was unable to keep up the pace that I had so eagerly begun.

It is December 21st and I am too far from my original goal to reach the finish line by the 31st.  But......this does not mean that I won't keep developing recipes and writing.  I fully intend to keep plugging away at completing 365 recipes....but, with an extended deadline.

I am not disappointed that I did not reach my goal.  I am actually very happy that I have been able to accomplish as much as I have during 2011.   My accomplishments in 2011 are:

  • I created a bunch of new and original recipes 
  • I was the featured cook in the November 2011 issue of Plano Profile
  • I was able to launch a web site 
  • I received some great advice from Sara Moulton, who is a very warm, sweet and generous person
  • I continue to have lots of visitors to my blog from all over the world
Things left to do:
  • Reach the goal of 365 recipes
  • Raise enough money to publish my cook book
  • Get to baking my cookies so I can offer them for sale in 2012
  • Spend more time on my blog connecting with my followers and visitors
But, most importantly - Thank y'all so much for your visits to my blog, your patience and for following my kitchen adventures.  I appreciate each and every one of you.

I wish you many blessings this year and in the coming years.

Happy Holidays!!!
Merry Christmas!!!

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you, 
S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment