Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

365 in 365 - # 128 - Maple Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting

De-Vine frosting for any pumpkin cake, pumpkin bread, cupcake or cookie.  Or you can do what one of my staff members did today......she took 1/2 slice of pumpkin bread and about 1/2 cup of the frosting and sat quietly in her corner gorging on the dessert with her eyes glossed over and transported to another dimension.

For the frosting, you will need:
2 packages Cream Cheese, at room temperature.
1/2 cup real maple syrup, plus a little more...just in case
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Using a hand held mixer, blend until smooth and creamy.

Just lovely......

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,

Enjoy!!!
S.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, a very good idea adding the maple syrup! Definitely going to try this.

    ReplyDelete