Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Anticipating Monday

Well dear friends, the first DRAFT of the cookbook has been printed out for review.

I still have one recipe to write out...turkey, cranberry and chipotle tamales with a tomato and cranberry salsa to go with.  Very interesting combination, but oh so amazingly delicious.  I will be making these for a party that I am throwing for my husband's birthday.  I was going to do a variety of tapas, but decided to have the tamales instead.  Appetizers will be stuffed dried apricots, chips and salsa, candied jalapenos with mini roasted corn muffins.  Desserts will be pumpkin empanadas, Mexican cinnamon sugar cookies and Mexican wedding cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment