Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mexican Lasagna - ole`

One of Jason's favorites...and soooo very easy.

Susan's Sensational Mexican Lasagna

Preheat oven to 350’
13 X 9 inch pan
Lg jar of picante sauce
1 - 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 can of chopped green chiles
15 lasagna noodles (3 extra, just in case), cooked until al dente
2 rotisserie chickens, meat taken off the bones and shredded
1 - 15 ounce can of black olives, sliced
1 large onion, sliced very thin with rings separated
1 large green pepper, julienned
5 cups mixed cheese, shredded (2 cups Cheddar, 2 cups Monterrey Jack, 1 cup Mozzarella)

Mix the picante sauce, the tomato sauce and the chiles
Place enough sauce in the bottom of the baking dish to moisten it (about ½ cup)
Line the dish with 3 – 4 lasagna noodles, 
spread with 1/3 of the shredded chicken,
1/3 of the onions, 
1/3 of the green peppers
1/4 of the cheese
1/4 of the remaining sauce
Repeat layers, ending with noodles and cover with remaining sauce
Cover with tin foil and place on a baking sheet to catch any liquid that may bubble out
Bake for 1 hour, uncover and turn the broiler on
Spread the remaining cheese over the top and place back in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbling

Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment