Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Musings on a Saturday afternoon....

So, by now, y'all are getting a taste of some of the recipes in my book.  There are so many more that are already typed up and so many more being worked on, tested and invented.  The creative process is really beginning to fuel me even further than I had expected.

I just got home from my last class of the semester...yes, I am taking classes on Saturday mornings for a while.  The next class doesn't begin until January, so I have plenty of time to work on the cookbook...YAY!!!!

But for right now, I am heading back to my mom's shoe box for more of her recipes.  In my earlier days, I had not thought to keep the hand written recipes in plastic wrap, gallon size plastic bags or in sheet protectors.  Because of this, most of the recipes that were in her own penmanship have been typed because the originals were so stained and worn that they were almost to the point of being unable to be read, but I do have a few left and will include copies of those in in the book as well.

One of the gifts of age is the ability to look back and see what we might have done differently and take those observations and apply them to our current circumstances.  We cannot change yesterday, but we can change the remainder of today and move forward into all of our tomorrows with great purpose and vision.

So, I'll be going through mom's recipes to see what great goodies are still to be rediscovered and will post a recipe or 2 later in the week.

If y'all have any questions or need ideas, let me know and I'll be happy to help.

In the mean time, enjoy your day, your weekend and especially enjoy your family and friends!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment