Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cheese and Tomato tid bits...

There is a Mexican melting cheese called queso quesadilla.  It is a bit difficult to find, so I decided to try and come up with something that is similar.  I discovered that if you take a large package of shredded Colby Jack and Cheddar and mix in a small package of shredded mozzarella, it works great.

If you use 1 small package of shredded pepper jack, 1 small package of shredded cheddar and 1 small package of shredded mozzarella, you get the same great texture with a little kick to it.


For a great Caprese salad, take a package of red and a package of yellow grape tomatoes, cut the tomatoes in half, add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cracked pepper, 4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 6 basil leaves finely chopped, stir and taste for seasoning.  I serve this on Ciabatta bread that has been browned in olive oil in a non-stick skillet and then I rub the bread with a garlic clove (or 2)......OH MY GOODNESS....my husband loves this as a snack.  If you like, you can also add the mini mozzarella cheese bits just before serving.

Have a great evening!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment