Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Decadent Dark Chocolate Pudding with Whipped Cream and Amaretto Syrup

This is the richest, darkest and most decadent chocolate pudding you will ever have, lightly topped with snow-white whipped cream and drizzled with amaretto syrup.....a little will go a very long way.

This recipe will make 6 servings

Pudding
3 rounded tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar
4 ounces dark (70%) chocolate
1 1/2 cups each heavy cream and milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Mix it all together in a sauce pan on the stove and cook on medium low heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted and the pudding is hot and has thickened.  Cover the pudding with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to avoid forming a thick, tough skin.  Set aside.

Amaretto Syrup
While the pudding is cooking, in a separate sauce pan with high sides, pour in 1 cup of amaretto then put the pan over the heat source. Simmer until reduced to a thick syrup.  Keep an eye on this as it will tend to bubble up.  If it should bubble up, remove the pan from the heat source and let the bubble subside.  Set aside and let cool

Whipped Cream
1 cup of cream
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Beat on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form

To Serve
Place 1/2 cup of pudding in a martini glass, top with a nice dollop of whipped cream and then drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of amaretto syrup, garnish with toasted, sliced almonds and a mint leaf.

I just served this today and it was a hit.....all I could hear at the table as everyone took their first taste was...."mmmmm"......SUCCESS!!!!!!

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Enjoy!!!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment