Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pumped up popcorn - the sweet stuff

Some of the best snacks are those that satisfy multiple sides of our personalities.  Part of me likes the sweet and part of me likes the savory.  I have discovered over the years that I like to mix sweet and savory a lot.

I will admit it....chocolate covered anything is a delight.  This list includes bacon, pretzels, potato chips and popcorn.

This is a "tip of my tiara" to chocolate bark, without so much chocolate.

Chocolate, Cherry and Toasted Almond Popcorn

This is a great treat for Valentine's day.  And gentlemen (ahem) it is so easy to make.
Makes 2 - 3 servings....or possibly only 1 serving, I'm just sayin'

6 cups popcorn, popped - your favorite brand
1 cup of chopped white chocolate - melted
1 cup of chopped dark chocolate - melted
1 cup of dried cherries - chopped
1 cup of sliced almonds - toasted

To melt the chocolate - place the chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 15 second increments, stirring after each.  Heat only until the chocolate is just warm and soft.  Chocolate burns very easily, so be patient and gentle when melting chocolate.

Spread popcorn in an even layer on parchment paper
Scatter the cherries and almonds over the popcorn
Drizzle the dark chocolate over the popcorn then drizzle the white chocolate over the popcorn

Let sit until chocolate is firm, about 15 minutes, break into pieces and then simply dig in.

I hope y'all enjoy this simple and delicious treat.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you, enjoy!!!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment