Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

365 in 365 - #69 - Omelet Quesadilla

Last nite, I came home from work in time to make dinner for my husband, and we actually ate together.  I wanted to keep dinner simple because my brain was complete mush.  The refrigerator was pretty empty, but I did manage to find a few things.

This will yield 4 to 6 servings.

10 eggs, beaten
1 medium onion, diced
2 jalapenos, minced
1/4 cup Mojo de Ajo
1 tablespoon of dried cilantro
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Pinch each of salt and pepper
2 - 3 cups of shredded cheese (combination of mozzarella, cheddar and jack)

2 burrito size flour tortillas
2 tablespoons olive oil from the mojo de ajo

Preheat the oven to 400'
In an oven proof omelet pan on medium heat, place the Mojo de Ajo, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper and cook until the onions are translucent

Pour in the eggs and mix to combine.  Let the eggs "set" and then place the pan in the oven.  Cook for approx. 15 minutes and check to see if the eggs are done.  This will look a bit "puffy and will be golden brown on the top.

Brush one of the tortillas with olive oil and place oiled side down on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese and slide the omelet onto the cheese, sprinkle with with the remaining cheese, place the other tortilla on the top and brush with olive oil.  Place back into the oven for approx. 5 to 10 minutes and carefully turn over halfway through the cooking time.  Remove from the oven when golden and crispy.

Slice into wedges and serve with your choice of veggie or salad, chips and salsa or other favorite side dish.

This is also a vegetarian friendly meal and is very economical.  For all the carnivores out there, you could add chorizo, diced ham, shredded pork, fajita style beef or chicken or other favorite meats.

From my purple kitchen to you!!!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment