Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, November 13, 2011

365 in 365 - #118 & #119 - Cranberry, Orange & Walnut Oatmeal Cookies AND White Chocolate, Dried Apricot & Macadamia Nut Cookies

It is getting to be my favorite time of year......Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's.  Holidays are always a time for families to gather to celebrate, to start new family traditions and share old ones, to catch up on all the going's on in everyones lives and to eat with abandon and not feel guilty.  The cookies that I am sharing today are a step away from the standard holiday favorites, but with an enhanced flavor profile.

Use your favorite oatmeal cookie recipe, instead of the standard raisins and walnuts, add:
  • 1 cup of chopped dried cranberries 
  • 1 cup of  chopped walnuts
  • 1 tablespoon of orange zest.  
  • Drizzle with an icing made with a few tablespoons of orange juice and 2 cups of powdered sugar.

Use the same cookie recipe and add: 
  • 1 cup of chopped, dried apricots 
  • 1 cup of chopped white chocolate
  • 1 cup of chopped macadamia nuts  
  • Drizzle with melted white chocolate and enjoy.

I use a 3 ounce scoop to make the cookies, only 6 to a cookie sheet, and they come out amazing.  

If you are feeling particularly decadent, take a scoop of your favorite ice cream and make sandwiches with the cookies.  Wrap them individually in waxed paper and freeze until firm.  These make a wonderful treat for any occasion.

I know y'all will enjoy these cookies.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment