Use your favorite oatmeal cookie recipe, instead of the standard raisins and walnuts, add:
- 1 cup of chopped dried cranberries
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest.
- Drizzle with an icing made with a few tablespoons of orange juice and 2 cups of powdered sugar.
Use the same cookie recipe and add:
- 1 cup of chopped, dried apricots
- 1 cup of chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup of chopped macadamia nuts
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate and enjoy.
I use a 3 ounce scoop to make the cookies, only 6 to a cookie sheet, and they come out amazing.
If you are feeling particularly decadent, take a scoop of your favorite ice cream and make sandwiches with the cookies. Wrap them individually in waxed paper and freeze until firm. These make a wonderful treat for any occasion.
I know y'all will enjoy these cookies.
From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,