Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Thursday, November 24, 2011

365 in 365 - #124 - Maple Whipped Cream

I made a version of pumpkin pie for the holiday that was simply fabulous, and I promise I will post it.  But, the whipped cream was a spur of the moment lightening strike.

I wanted to change the flavor profile of the pie to truly give it a New England feel, but didn't want to put the maple syrup in the pie filling until I have a chance to really play with the recipe.  So, I was whipping the cream and getting ready to put in the powdered sugar when "light dawned on Marblehead".....to use the maple syrup instead.  So I did and a whipped cream legend was born.

I used:
2 cups of ice cold heavy cream, beat until thick and it begins to hold it's shape, then add 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract, the real stuff and beat to incorporate and then begin to slowly drizzle in about 1/3 cup of maple syrup.  Taste to see if it has the amount of maple flavor that you like.

Dollop on anything that you think appropriate....pie, cake, trifle, use in a mousse or eat it right out of the bowl that it was whipped in.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you!!!
Enjoy,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment