Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Thursday, November 24, 2011

365 in 365 - Giving thanks and passing on a blessing

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!  I hope your day was blessed with family, friends and good times.  

While we are giving thanks, let's not forget about those in need.  I am fortunate, as are my family and most of the people I know.  But, there are families and people who struggle with emotional challenges as well as financial challenges every day.  This is not just a need that occurs at the holidays.  For many, it is a need that is constant.  

My way of giving is to have a set dollar amount taken out of my pay check every payday.  My donations are to a couple of charities that work with cancer patients and one that provides food to those in need.  The other ways that I give are to help with special fund-raisers by giving time, donating baked goods or money, which ever is what my resources will allow.  Another way that I can help is to do something for someone else on the spur of a moment....hold a door, give up my seat for an elderly individual, greet someone warmly, buy a Police Man a cup of coffee when they are directing traffic in the cold, or whatever else may be appropriate.  

There are so many opportunities to bless others, so some day, if I ever get to open a diner, I would like to find ways to help struggling families and individuals through my business. 

Wishing you all many blessings from the heart of my purple kitchen to you!!!
S. 


No comments:

Post a Comment