Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

365 in 365 - #72 - Dried Cranberry, Ginger and Walnut Shortbread Cookies

For something a little different, try these flavors instead of the lavender and mint.  This flavor combination has an amazing sweet heat that will make your taste buds stand up and sing an operatic "Hello"!

Use the basic shortbread cookie dough recipe found in #71.

Instead of the lavender and mint, add:

  • 1/3 cup minced dried cranberries
  • 1/3 cup minced crystalized ginger
  • 1/3 cup minced walnuts

Cook and frost just like the original recipe.

These are really good.....the crystalized ginger makes a world of difference in the intensity of flavor.

I just love crystalized ginger......as a snack by itself,  in savory and sweet treats and in another flavor combination that I am sure you will find very interesting....but not quite yet.  This combination is being saved for a rainy day.

I hope y'all enjoy!!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment