Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

365 in 365 - #82 & #83 - Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes and Mexihash Fritatta

This past weekend, I was lucky enough for my husband to offer to go food shopping for me.  Yes, ladies and gents....HE offered!!!!  I think it was his way of getting me to cook real food.  You see, he had been complaining that his belly button was touching his spine because there was nothing in the house to eat.  Yep...that is right.....nothing in my house to eat.

So.....I was kind and did not give him the grocery list from hell.  I gave him a 5 x 7 piece of paper, with items listed on only 1 side.....and I did not write too small......teeheehee......

About 90 minutes later, Jason came home laden down with groceries.  So, like a dutiful chief cook, I prepped all the veggies for the the week and took the meat off of the rotisserie chickens.  Have I ever mentioned that I just love rotisserie chickens?  All the work is done for you.

Unfortunately, I did not really get to cook until tonite.  So, with cutting board placed firmly on the counter, knife in hand and a boatload of veggies, tortillas, eggs, chicken, spices, herbs, pots and pans all laid out in front of me.....I began.  Slowly at first an then the frenzy ensued.  

I took all the red bliss potatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch pieces, drizzled them with olive oil, salt and pepper, placed them on a cookie sheet and roasted them in the oven on 400' until browned and crispy.  They came out rather good.  

Then I chopped the following items into 1/2 inch pieces:
2 large purple onions
4 poblano peppers
4 jalapenos
6 roasted red jalapenos 
2 teaspoons of dried oregano and 2 teaspoons of cumin, threw everything in a very large non-stick skillet with olive oil, salt & pepper and cooked them until they were tender.  Then I added the potatoes, stirred and moved over to the eggs.  

I beat 12 eggs and then poured them over the veggies and stirred until the eggs were fully incorporated.  Put the burner on the lowest setting possible, put the cover on the pan and let it cook until it was done. Oh my flippin' stars....there is plenty to put in the freezer for next week.  

And......I made a ton of chicken quesadillas for Jason's lunches for the week to add to the store house full of polenta and sausages with peppers and onions that I made on Sunday.   

I guess I showed him who should shop for groceries from now on.......this thought just dawns on me and I am slowly getting a huge Cheshire cat grin on my face.

From my purple kitchen to you...
Enjoy,
S. 


No comments:

Post a Comment