Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Friday, June 17, 2011

365 in 365 - #78 - Dark Chocolate, Dried Tart Cherry and Pistachio Shortbread Cookies

OK......I keep playing with flavors for the shortbread cookie dough and am woking on several new flavors.  Father's day is Sunday, I wanted to make something special that my father and my father-in -law would love.  Both of these extraordinary men love dark chocolate, cherry and pistachios.

So, I took the shortbread cookie dough recipe and added 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder to the butter mixture, then after adding the flour, I added 1/2 cup chopped pistachios and 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries.  I baked at 400' for 15 minutes, removed from the oven and let cool.

For the chocolate royal icing, I added 1/4 cup of dark cocoa powder to the recipe.  This royal icing recipe sets up beautifully and is nice and chocolately.......



These are really delicious!!!

Have a great nite,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment