Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Saturday, August 13, 2011

365 in 365 - #102 - Mini Lemon Drop Cookies

This is a cookie recipe that I found folded up and tucked in between a few other recipes that my mom had in her shoebox.   I remember these cookies as a cool summer treat on a hot day.  They are bright and lemony with a cool finish.

1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 stick butter
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
7 teaspoons lemon zest
1 cup minced nuts - optional

Beat the butter and sugar together, add the eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated, then beat in the lemon zest.

In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and nuts (if desired)
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated

Drop by 1/2 teaspoon on greased cookie sheet
Bake at 375" for 8 - 10 minutes
Let cool and glaze

Lemon Glaze
4 cups of confectioners sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice

Add the lemon juice by tablespoon to the powdered sugar and mix until desired consistency and frost the cookies with glaze.  Sprinkle with yellow sugar crystals, if desired.

From my purple kitchen to you!

Enjoy,
S.




No comments:

Post a Comment