Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Friday, August 26, 2011

365 in 365 - Adventures afoot......

Tonite, I am preparing 2 pans of pumpkin flan for a party I am catering tomorrow evening.  I am so very excited about this wonderful opportunity.  The menu is simple and straightforward:  quesadillas with salsa rojo and crema Mexicana, tortilla chips with roasted corn and black bean pico de gayo, fresh green salad with tomatoes, avocado, romaine lettuce, queso fresco and chipotle ranch dressing, watermelon water for Margaritas and pumpkin flan for dessert.

Then.....on Sunday, I will begin prep for an article that will be in a local magazine in November.  Next Friday, the food editor is coming to see me at home to do the interview and collect some recipes for the article.  I am so very excited and can't wait to spend some time with her.

I hope y'all have a blessed and wonderful weekend.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
S.




No comments:

Post a Comment