Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Saturday, August 13, 2011

365 in 365 - #103 - Sour Cream Coffee Cake

I had forgotten all about this coffee cake until I found this recipe in my mom's shoebox.  This was a recipe that she would make for holiday morning breakfasts and is simply wonderful.  It is rich with a great moist texture, and very satisfying for anyone with a sweet tooth.

1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sifted flour
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream

Topping
1 cup chopped nuts
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar

Cream butter and sugar together and add eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated, add the vanilla
Add the sifted dry ingredients alternating with sour cream

Grease a tube pan and pour in half of the batter
Sprinkle with 1/2 of the topping, pour in the remaining batter and sprinkle with the remaining topping

Bake at 350' for approx. 45 minutes

Let cool before serving.

From my purple kitchen to you!

Enjoy,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment