Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Thursday, March 3, 2011

365 in 365 - #39 - Roasted Carrots


I just love carrots, especially when they are really sweet.  This is a very simple and straight-forward method for cooking carrots that does not require any water, slicing and draining.  This cooking method concentrates the flavor of the carrot, brings out all the natural sweetness and is a great presentation.

Roasted Carrots

8 large carrots, peeled, not cut
½ cup olive oil
Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350’
Use the middle rack and place the carrots in a single layer in a jelly roll pan 
Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
Turn about every 15 minutes until they are browned and tender, approx. 30 to 45 minutes.
Serves 4


I hope you enjoy!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment