Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, July 17, 2011

365 in 365 - #86 - White & Sweet Potato Salad

When I first started this blog, I spoke about my mom and her shoebox full of recipes.  After my mom passed away from a long battle with cancer, I brought home her shoebox full of recipes.   Over the years, the recipes have been well used....stained and smeared from multiple uses.  Many of the handwritten recipes had to be typed before they became unreadable, but several of the originals remain.  The cardboard shoebox finally fell apart after many years.

One of the recipes that I still have in my mom's handwriting is this potato salad recipe.  I think you will find it easy and very tasty.

1 1/2 pounds of red potatoes, cooked and cubed
1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, but still firm and cubed
1 cup chopped purple cabbage
1/2 teaspoon each Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white vinegar
3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish

Toss together the potatoes, cabbage, salt & pepper
Mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and relish together and add to the potatoes and cabbage
Toss gently, and place in the fridge to chill.

This is a great side dish for a hot summer day.  Please remember to keep the salad cold or refrigerated due to the mayonnaise in the dressing.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Have a great evening!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment