Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

365 in 365 - # 47 - Chocolate Cherry Bark

One day at a previous job, a co-worker came in with some candy that she had made.  It was pretty darn good, but I had to do my thing and change it to what I thought would be outstanding.  So, I muttered and I sputtered and I mused and it came to me....change the chocolate to be darker and richer, add a bit of tartful sweetness and the slight crunch and buttery finish of pistachios....and voila!!!  This bark was born.

Susan’s Bark Without the Bite - AKA - Nutty Barking Cherry candy

1 lb extra dark chocolate, finely chopped
¼ cup heavy cream
1 cup dried cherries, chopped
1 cup pistachios, chopped

Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper

Melt the chocolate and the cream in a bowl over slightly simmering water
Once melted, add the cherries and the pistachios and stir to mix

Pour the mixture out onto the parchment paper and spread evenly, the mixture should be about 1/3 inch thick.  Let cool, break into chunks and enjoy

Garnish – if desired, melt 1 cup of white chocolate with 2 tbsp cream and drizzle over the bark.  This makes a great gift at Christmas or for Valentine's Day, as a house warming gift or just because. 

And GUYS.....take note on how to impress the ladies...make this candy, put it in an elegant glass jar and you just might hit a home rune one day......such a rascal....I didn't mean THAT kind of home run!!!  

From my purple kitchen to you!!

Enjoy,
S

No comments:

Post a Comment