Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, January 16, 2011

365 in 365 - #17 - Healthy Pancake

OK...a few days ago, I promised you the heart healthy version of the Walker Family Canadian Pancake.  This has all the great flavor of the original, but is so much better for you.

I make this for my dad at least once a month.  He loves this with, of all things, mustard or Worcestershire Sauce....WOW, I even spelled it right!


The Healthy Walker Family Canadian Pancake

1 quart of Egg Beaters or egg substitute of your choice
1 ½ cups of nonfat half and half
1 loaf of reduced calorie white bread or multigrain bread
1 package of turkey bacon, diced and cooked until crisp

Mix the egg substitute and fat free half-n-half in a large bowl.  Break up the loaf of bread into approx. 1 inch pieces and add to the egg mixture.  Mix in the cooked diced turkey bacon.

Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and pour the pancake mixture into the pan and cover.  Cook over low heat until browned on the bottom and the center is “set”.  Flip and cook the other side until browned.  

Place pancake on a cutting board and cut into wedges and serve with your choice of condiments.  

Tomorrow...the best omelet...EVER...!

Have a great evening!
S.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete