Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, January 30, 2011

365 in 365 - #29 - Cherry, Chocolate and Almond Jam

And, here is yet another reason to visit the Grapevine Olive Oil Company's web site and store.

This jam is completely delicious and so very easy to make.  Some may balk at the number of flavors in this delicious treat, but I can tell you that all who tested this today (me, my friend Sheri and my husband) agreed that this is a definite winner.

1 package (10 - 12 ounces) frozen, dark sweet cherries, unsweetened
1/3 cup water
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar from the Grapevine Olive Oil Company
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

Bring the cherries, water and sugar to s simmer.  Once the cherries are softened and heated through, mash with a fork or potato masher.  Let the liquid reduce by at least half.  Remove from the stove and stir in the remaining ingredients.

Serve either warm or chilled.  Each of the flavors can be tasted and none are overpowering.

I know you will enjoy this recipe.

Have a great evening!!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment