Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

365 in 365 - #20 - Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad

OK...keeping this simple, fast and easy.  Sometimes something as simple as a jar of pesto, a jar of sun dried tomatoes, pasta and a chicken sitting next to each other on the counter after shopping can turn on that lightbulb that floats over my head.  One day, this is what happened.  The thing that really caught my eye was the color of the tomatoes next to the color of the pesto....and presto, a salad was born.

I LOVE pesto, pesto of almost any kind.  Basil, rosemary, sun dried tomato, cilantro (this is at the top of my herb food chain)....you get the point.  Pesto's can be made out of almost any herb, nut, salt, pepper and olive oil combination.  Add cream and heat, and you have a great pesto cream sauce for pasta, chicken or any other meat that suites your taste buds.

I think you will find this recipe very quick, easy and it will serve several people for not too much money.


Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad

1 rotisserie chicken, meat taken off the bones and shredded 
1 lb of cooked pasta (penne, shells, bow ties or any shape that you like)
1 cup of pesto
1 small jar of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
½ can large black olives, sliced
2 cans of artichoke hearts or bottoms, drained and chopped
1 cup of pignoli nuts, toasted
1 cup of Shredded parmesan cheese

Add all the ingredients into a large bowl and stir

This can be served warm or at room temperature.

I hope you enjoy!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment