Purple Kitchen Treats

Over the past few years, I have been working on a cookbook. During this time, I took time off to finish my Master's Degree. Now that I have accomplished that, I am working again on my cookbook, slowly but surely.

However, over the past few months, something interesting has happened...I have received multiple requests for baked goods, particularly my cookies. I am also receiving multiple requests for granola. So, with all these requests in mind, I have started to make my cookies for sale, along with my granola.

My official web site is available, but will be undergoing a significant redesign. Be sure to visit my "official" web site at: http://www.susanshonk.com and watch for some exciting changes.

From the heart of my purple kitchen to you,
Susan

Sunday, January 23, 2011

365 in 365 - Visit to Grapevine Olive Oil Company

There is a place in Texas that can be best described as the keepers of heaven in a bottle.....and it is the Grapevine Olive Oil Company.  Jason and I went yesterday.  It is in the heart of Old Downtown Grapevine Texas on Main Street and is in one of the very quaint old stores.  It's very location evokes feelings of comfort and nostalgia.  The moment you walk in, you are greeted by one of the staff members/owners.  They are warm, friendly and ready to help.

The selection of olive oils will make your taste buds sing a very sweet melody while the selection of vinegars will get your taste buds dancing happily.  The possibilities are endless and my imagination was running wild.  I tasted almost everything, including all the flavored salts.  My favorite salt was the Truffled Fleur du Sel.  

The focus is the experience of tasting something new and different.  They have recipes and suggestions for combinations of oils and vinegars that are as tasteful as they are exciting.      

I left with 4 bottles of vinegar and will be going back for some of the oils within the next week or 2 (chipotle; sweet onion; herbs de provence...just to name 3 that are at the top of my list).

This is a store that inspires my culinary imagination and I hope that you will check them out on line or better yet, in person if you are in the vicinity.  

Have a great Sunday,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment